This two-stage competition consists of:
1. formal evaluation of submissions to the competition and evaluation of scientific and professional qualifications of the candidates based on provided documents;
2. evaluation of the knowledge and candidate’s predisposition to manage an institute conducted during an interview.
Candidate for the post of director of the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw shall:
1. hold at least a doctoral degree of biological or related sciences, specialising in the following areas with significant research output: neurobiology, neurophysiology, cell biology, biochemistry or molecular biology;
2. have experience in science management;
3. not have been convicted by a legally valid verdict for intentional criminal offence or a tax offence;
4. hold full public rights.
A VALID SUBMISSION BY A CANDIDATE SHALL INCLUDE:
1. development plan for the functioning of the Institute prepared by the candidate in the form of a multimedia presentation submitted on an electronic device;
2. information on the course of the candidate’s professional employment to date, including job description, positions held, term of duration, number of subordinate employees, list of professional achievements, titles and scientific degrees held, submitted in writing in two copies as well as on an electronic device;
3. copies signed for conformity to the original documenting the following:
a) the course of professional employment;
b) held scientific titles or degree;
4. declaration stating that the post of director of the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw will constitute the candidate’s primary and full time employment from the moment of accepting the position;
5. statement on holding full public rights;
6. certificate of no conviction of intentional offence or a tax offence;
7. statement as referred to in Art. 7 section 1 of the Act of 18 October, 2006 on disclosing information from documents of the state secret police from the years 1944 – 1990 and the content of these documents (Dz. U. of 2007 No 63, item 425, with later amendments);
8. copy of personal ID signed for conformity to the original or a different identification document,
9. consent for processing of personal data as part of the proceedings in the competition for the post of director, in accordance with the Act of 29 August, 1997 on the protection of personal data (Dz.U. no 133, item 883 with later amendments)
Documents must be submitted by mail (in two copies) to the following address: Division Two: Biological and Agricultural Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences, 00-901 Warsaw, Plac Defilad 1 (Tel/Fax: 22 620 33 75) marked on the envelope: competition for the post of director of the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw or brought in person to the following address: Division Two: Biological and Agricultural Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences, 00-901 Warsaw, The Palace of Culture and Science, room 2112 (21 floor) between 9.00 and 16.00.
Incomplete submissions, failing to meet formal requirements or submitted after the deadline shall not be processed. Candidates will be informed in writing regarding subsequent stages of the competition.
Information regarding the functioning and activities of the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw are available from the official Institute web page http://www.nencki.gov.pl/
Additional information can be obtained from the Main Office of Division Two: Biological and Agricultural Sciences of the Polish Academy of Sciences: Tel/Fax: 22 620 33 75, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Announcement published on 3 December, 2013.
Submissions are accepted for 30 days counted from the day following the day of the competition announcement. Submissions received after the deadline shall not be accepted.