The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Laboratory of Preclinical Testing of Higher Standard, Neurobiology Center
Researcher career profiles: R2
Field of science: biological sciences; molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology
Type of recruitment: NCN OPUS grant " MicroRNAs in blood as biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease: a molecular signature for personalized therapy"
- PhD degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or related disciplines
- documented achievements and scientific activity in the field of molecular biology, biochemistry or related (publications, speeches at conferences, research internships, awards, scholarships)
- high motivation to work in science, the ability to independently research, formulate and test hypotheses, plan and perform experiments and analyze their results
- experience in the application of molecular and cell biology methods, knowledge of methods of nucleic acid isolation and analysis, cell culture of neuronal lines, blood fractionation, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy
- very good command of spoken and written English
- knowledge of basic computer programs (Office, Excel, Adobe, Graph Pad Prism)
- It is expected that the post-doc will not take up other jobs during the period of employment in the project
Project description: https://projekty.ncn.gov.pl/opisy/410417-pl.pdf
Further information can be obtained by contacting the project manager, Prof. dr hab. Urszula Wojda (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Scope of tasks in the project:
- planning, conducting research, analyzing the results
- isolation of mRNA and microRNA from plasma and blood cells, functional studies of microRNAs in cell cultures using the methods of cell biology and molecular biology
- preparation of seminars and manuscripts
type of contract: employment contract
commencement date: position available from October 1st, 2022
fixed-term contract, 18 months
additional benefits: medical package, social fund
The researcher will have the opportunity to work in the scientifically stimulating research environment of the Nencki Institute, in one of the most modern laboratories of the Neurobiology Center. She/he will collaborate with internationally recognized experts in the field of neurodegenerative research.
Application procedure and deadline:
Please send your documents to email@example.com with note “postdoc UW”.
The deadline is Sept 15th, 2022 or until filling the position.
The application should include:
- curriculum vitae with a list of publications
- letter of motivation
- a copy of the diploma confirming obtaining the doctoral degree
- letters of recommendation and contact details of two independent researchers
ready to provide references
- a list of research techniques used by the applicant
- candidate's declaration that it is not financed by other National
- Science Center projects
- a statement that the Institute of Experimental Biology M. Nencki PAN will be primary place of employment
The candidates may include additional information or copies of documents/certificates in support of the application.
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional- purposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to the Laboratory's website:
Please include the following clause in your CV:
“I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for Postdoctoral Researcher position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).”
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3.
Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31.12.2022.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).