The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Laboratory of Protein Homeostasis
Researcher career profiles (R1-R4): R2
Field of science: Molecular biology, Cell biology, Biochemistry
Type of recruitment: Sonata BIS
- D. degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field. Ph.D. degree received not earlier than seven years ago (i.e., not earlier than 2015; possible parental extension)
- Solid experimental training and publication record
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (written and spoken)
- Strong motivation and passion for research work
Scope of the project:
The Postdoctoral Researcher will be involved in the realization of the Sonata BIS project 'Ubiquitin as a modulator of the mitochondrial protein import process' founded by the National Science Center. The project focuses on quality control mechanisms in the biogenesis of the mitochondrial proteome. Most mitochondrial proteins originate from the cytosol in precursor forms and require active import into the organelle. Efficient regulation and quality control of the protein translocation process are vital for maintaining protein homeostasis and cell fitness. The cytosolic ubiquitin-proteasome system significantly contributes to the regulation of mitochondrial precursor proteins. The project's main objective is to uncover how precursor proteins that utilize different mitochondrial import pathways are affected by ubiquitination. We will also identify the factors that regulate this process at the molecular level and aim to understand their role in physiology and pathology. The study uses human cell lines and yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae as model systems.
Key responsibilities of the Postdoctoral Researcher include:
- Performing experiments using molecular and cell biology biochemical, cell biology, and techniques
- Experimental design and data analysis
- Data preparation for publication and writing of manuscripts
- Active participation in lab meetings, scientific seminars, and conferences
Full-time employment contract. Gross salary of up to 8 300 PLN per month.
Job starting date: August 2022
The position is for two years, with the possibility of extending.
Application procedure and deadline:
Closing date for applications: July 4th, 2022. We continuously monitor applications and may consider applications submitted after the deadline until the position is filled. We will contact the selected candidates only.
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please use "Postdoc LPH" as the title of your message
- Participation in an exciting research project
- Work in a young, active team in an excellent scientific environment and with good access to research infrastructure
- Participation in courses and conferences
Required documents (in English):
- Motivation letter
- A description of your key achievements
- CV with the list of publications
- Contact information to at least two potential referees, including the direct supervisor of the applicant's PhD
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional- purposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles
Substantive inquiries can be addressed directly to the project leader Dr. Piotr Brągoszewski email@example.com
Please include the following clause in your CV:
"I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for First TEAM project pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27th 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data andto the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of May 10th 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000)."
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3. Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for Postdoctoral Researcher position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31.12.2022.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).