The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology
Researcher career profiles: R2
Field of science: Biology
Type of recruitment: Consortium project JPND TREMENDOS
We seek a highly motivated and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Researcher at the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences. The position is in the consortium project JPND TREMENDOS “The role of microglia in the effects of environmental enrichment in neurodegenerative disorders” https://www.neurodegenerationresearch.eu/initiatives/annual-calls-for-proposals/closed-calls/understanding-the-mechanisms-of-non-pharmacological-interventions/results-of-the-2022-jpnd-call-for-understanding-the-mechanisms-for-non-pharmalogical-interventions. The job in the exciting interdisciplinary project, carried out in collaboration with Dr. Ali Jawaid, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Poland, Rosa Paolicelli, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, Anthony Hannan and Bradley Turner, Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, Australia.
The international consortium will carry out an interdisciplinary research on Alzheimer disease (AD) using mouse models, microglia, single-cell sequencing, spatial transcriptomics and bioinformatics. The project involves transcriptomic profiling of microglia isolated from AD models using in-house state-of-the-art high-throughput single-cell sequencing methods. The study will be carried out in the Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology (https://kaminska-lab.edu.pl).
Key responsibilities include
- Participation in the research project and attendance at team meetings to share results.
- Design, execute, analyze, and interpret experiments based on single-cell RNA-seq profiling and spatial transcriptomics.
- Prepare and write scientific papers for leading journals.
- PhD degree in Biotechnology, Biology, Biomedicine, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related quantitative discipline obtained not earlier than 7 years before the engagement in the project (this period might be longer due to family reasons according to NCN rules).
- Knowledge and familiarity with techniques in genomics. Expertise in genomics and single-cell profiling data analysis is highly appreciated.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools for analysis of genomics datasets
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Job type: Full-time employment.
- Type of contract: temporary, maximum planned period of contract/stipend agreement: 24-months.
- Salary: Gross/gross salary (total employment cost) of 10 000 PLN per month (Total employment cost is the gross/gross amount including employer's expense. It would be the subject of taxes, social and health insurances and other legal deductions according to Polish law.
- Position starts on: 01.02.2023.
Application procedure and deadline:
- The incomplete applications will be not considered.
- The results of the competition are made public.
- If the top candidate does not sign the contract, due to the resignation, we reserve the right to choose the second-best candidate.
Closing date for applications: 23.12.2022.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with note: “Postdoc Consortium project JPND TREMENDOS BKK”.
- Scientific curriculum vitae, including a list of scientific achievements (scholarships, publications, patents, conference presentations, etc.).
- Motivation letter.
- Minimum one recommendation letter.
- A scan of the PhD diploma.
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional- purposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles.
Please include the following clause in your CV:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for postdoc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3. Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS. Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31.03.2023.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party. You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).