The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: The Nencki Institute of experimental Biology, Laboratory of Emotions’ Neurobiology
Researcher career profiles: R2
Field of science: neurobiology
Type of recruitment: National Science Center (Poland) grant -Sonata Bis
We are looking for a creative person with experience in neuroscience and research on mouse models that would investigate how epileptiform changes in the brain are related to cognitive impairments. We invite applicants with the following qualifications:
- PhD in biological sciences (or the equivalent of MD-PhD) with a specialization in neurobiology (obtained not earlier than 7 years before the date of project start).
- Documented achievements and scientific activity (publications, speeches at conferences, research internships, awards, scholarships).
- Practical and theoretical knowledge in the field of basic epilepsy research.
- High motivation for independent and collaborative research.
- Experience in electrophysiology and/or behavioral research.
- Experience in animal research (mouse).
Scope of tasks:
Participation in the implementation of the research project entitled " Dispersed mossy fiber synapses as a possible cause of cognitive dysfunctions in epileptiform neuropsychiatric conditions" financed by the National Science Center (Poland).
- conducting research on genetic and pharmacological mice models of temporal lobe epilepsy
- preparing scientific documentation
- presenting results
- writing scientific publications.
- dynamic international team
- professional development - you will expand your research workshop and contribute to the development of knowledge about the pathophysiology of temporal epilepsy
- flexible working hours
- collective creation of new and useful knowledge
- full-time fixed-term employment contract
- salaries: 8.300 PLN (gross) per month
- employment period: up to 60 months
- the date of project start: 01/09/2022
Application procedure and deadline:
Interested individuals are encouraged to send their scientific CV (along with a cover letter, a copy of PhD diploma, e-mail addresses of two people who will provide references) to the e-following e-mail address email@example.com with note “POSTDOC NCN Sonata AG”.
Application deadline: 30/06/2022
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional- purposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles
More information about the project and the laboratory on the following pages: https://agorlewicz.wixsite.com/epilepsyandcognition
Please include the following clause in your CV:
“I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).”
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3.
Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organisation and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to the end of 2022.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).