The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Laboratory of Brain Imaging
Researcher career profiles (R1-R4): Recognised researcher (R2)
Field of science: Medicine, neurobiology
Type of recruitment: NCN
- Doctoral degree in the field of medicine, biology, physics or biotechnology, obtained not earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project (not including maternity leaves)
- Experience in advanced neuroimaging analysis (e.g. diffusion tensor models, volumetry, spectroscopy) and methods of data science
- Good command of English
- Scientific achievements documented by publications from the JCR list
- Two letters of recommendation
- Team spirit
- High motivation for research work and publishing articles
This is a 24-month longitudinal study focused on asymptomatic subjects with incidental magnetic resonance brain findings suggestive of multiple sclerosis (termed radiologically isolated syndrome, RIS) who will be compared with healthy controls and clinically definite multiple sclerosis patients. The aim of the study is to examine RIS subjects using cognitive testing and non-conventional magnetic resonance (brain and spinal cord volumetry, evidence of disintegrity of neurite pathways, metabolite concentration in regions of interest) to identify patterns of hidden damage to the nervous system despite the absence of symptoms. The study will also attempt to identify prognostic biomarkers based on those who will have converted to multiple sclerosis by the end of the study.
- Working in an ambitious team which collaborates with international centres and publishes in high-impact journals
- Attendance at international neurology, neuroimmunology and neuroimaging conferences
- Personal Laptop Macbook Pro
- Access to the computer with two monitors in the Laboratory
- Monthly salary 8 300 PLN gross
Scope of tasks:
- Advanced neuroimaging analysis (e.g. diffusion tensor imaging, NODDI models)
- Optimisation of data analysis algorithms
- Data exploration using computational methods of data science
- Building database using RedCap web application
- Type of contract: full-time via NCN funding (Sonata Bis programme, principal investigator: Dr Maciej Juryńczyk MD, PhD, Assoc Prof.)
- Duration of contract: 4 years
- Position starts on: 1st of Oct, 2022
For further information please email Dr Maciej Juryńczyk (email@example.com).
Application procedure and deadline
- CV including scientific achievements and a list of publications
- Copy of PhD diploma (or equivalent)
- Two letters of recommendation (ideally from recent supervisors)
- The candidate's statement that she/he is not financed from other projects of the National Science Center and a declaration that the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology will be the candidate’s primary place of employment.
The documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with note „NCN Sonata BIS MJ”, the deadline is 1st of July, 2022
The selected candidates may be invited for a scientific interview, to demonstrate her/his scientific achievements.
You can use the foreign equivalent of a Polish academic degree if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- is covered by the provisions of an international agreement on the equivalence of education,
- was issued by an authorized institution operating in an EU, OECD or EFTA Member State,
- was issued in another country and recognized on the basis of the regulations on the recognition of academic degrees obtained abroad (learn more about the procedure for the recognition of academic degrees: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional- purposes/recognition-of-scientific-degrees-and-titles
Personal information protection clauses to be included in application documents;
Please include the following clause in your CV:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3. Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for Postdoctoral Researcher position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31.12.2022.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).