The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Postdoctoral Researcher
Number of available positions: 2
Place of work: Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences
Researcher career profiles (R1-R4): R2
Field of science: Neuroscience
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong interest in Neuroscience research
- PhD degree, or equivalent, in neuroscience, molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, biology, medical or veterinary sciences (optionally, for candidates who, at the time of application, did not complete their PhD studies, please provide the expected date of obtaining PhD degree)
- Exceptional motivation for scientific research (demonstrated via publications, references of the candidate's thesis tutor)
- Proficiency in English
- Prior training in behavioral research on mice, as well as experience in obtaining ethics committee permissions for experimental procedures on laboratory animals will be a great advantage
- Prior experience in optogenetics/pharmacogenetics, calcium imaging, electrophysiology, and/or programming skills will be an advantage
Project leaders: Anna Beroun (Neuronal Plasticity Lab)
Project title: Nencki-EMBL Center of Excellence for Neural Plasticity and Brain Disorders: BRAINCITY Project is carried out within the MAB/IRA programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
Scope of the project:
Synaptic plasticity of appetitive learning
Within the Nencki-EMBL Center of Excellence for Neural Plasticity and Brain Disorders: BRAINCITY, our research focuses on synaptic plasticity that occurs during the formation of appetitive memory. We plan to understand the cellular mechanisms that underlie memory formation, focusing on central amygdala – a structure recently implicated in processing appetitive memory. We plan to define the role of silent synapses during the acquisition and retrieval of appetitive memories. Silent synapses are immature contacts, that represent the brain’s increased capacity to learn. They have been proved instrumental to the development of extremely durable forms of appetitive memory, such as cocaine and alcohol addiction. To study the formation and fate of silent synapses in the amygdalar complex we will involve the use of optogenetics/pharmacogenetics, electrophysiological recordings and/or functional imaging (in-vivo, two-photon calcium imaging).
Postdoctoral candidates are welcome to propose their own research project, that would be complementary to our research.
Key responsibilities of the Postdoctoral Researcher include:
- Planning and conducting experimental work
- Data analysis
- Manuscript preparation
- Supervision of PhD students
Job starting date: July 2022 or later
Duration of the position: max. period of employment 31.12.2023
Application procedure and deadline:
Closing date for applications: June 12th, 2022.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Please, use ”Postdoc MAB AB” as a title of your message.
- Full-time employment contract in the top-ranked research institute in Poland.
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment and support from other experienced researchers.
- Possibility for extensive interdisciplinary collaborations within the team and in the Institute, as well as international collaborations with academia
- Remuneration amount/month: 15 000 PLN of full remuneration cost, i.e. expected net salary at c.a. 9 000 PLN/month (ca. 2 000 EUR/month)
Required documents (in English):
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Copy of PhD diploma (or thesis title and expected date of defense)
- Contact information, including e-mail address and phone number
- The candidates may include additional information or copies of documents/certificates in support of the application
For more details about the position please contact: email@example.com
EURAXESS Job Offer id: 783819
Please include the following clause in your CV: “I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for Post-doctoral researcher position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).”
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3.
Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for the Postdoc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in recruitment. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organisation and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31 December 2022.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection or to the Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data).