Number of vacancies: 1
Place of employment: Warsaw
Researcher professional profile (R1-R4): R2
Field of study (e.g. biology): biology
Type and nature of recruitment (e.g. NCN Sonata, NCBiR, etc.): OPUS - NZ
• Doctoral degree in the field of molecular biology, biochemistry, biology or biotechnology, obtained not earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project (not including maternity leaves).
• Experience in laboratory work.
• Very good practical knowledge of methods in the field of protein biochemistry. We kindly ask that candidates who do not have experience in the field of protein biochemistry do not send their applications.
• An important criterion in the selection will also be experience in molecular biology, cell culture and / or work with animals.
• Scientific achievements documented by publications from the JCR list.
• Good knowledge of English.
• Team work skills.
• High motivation for experimental work. It is expected that during the period of employment at the Institute, Post-doc will not undertake any other work.
Scope of tasks:
The aim of the project is to characterize the interaction of prion protein with Tau protein and to elucidate the role of prion protein in tauopathies, in particular in Alzheimer's disease. The tasks will include generation of protein deletion mutants, purification of recombinant proteins, analysis of protein aggregation / amyloidogenesis (fluorescence measurements, electron microscopy), analysis of cytoxicity of protein aggregates in neuronal cultures (cytotoxicity tests, confocal microscopy).
Further information can be obtained by contacting dr. Krzysztof Nieznański, associate prof. (email@example.com).
An employment contract for a period of 2 to 2.5 years within the frame of the NCN OPUS project; post-doc (scientific-technical) position
Application submission procedure: 2018-02-28, 00:00
The form of submission of offers: electronically, to firstname.lastname@example.org
An application should include: CV along with a list of publications and a summary of the doctoral thesis; list of previously used research techniques; letters of recommendation (at least one); letter of motivation; a copy of the diploma confirming PhD degree; the candidate's statement that she/he is not financed from other projects of the National Science Center; declaration that the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology will be the primary place of employment.
Please include the following clause in your CV: “I hereby consent to processing the personal information included in my offer for the purposes of the recruitment conducted by the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Warsaw pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act of August 29, 1997 (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2004 Item 1182, 1662).”
Please be advised that the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Warsaw, mailing address: ul. Pasteura 3, is the administrator of said personal information. Personal information is gathered for the purposes of the recruitment process. You have the right to access and correct the provided personal information. Providing the personal information referred to in the Labour Code Act of June 26, 1974 and in secondary legislation is mandatory. Providing additional personal information is voluntary.
The best-performing candidates of those meeting the criteria specified in the job advertisement will be invited to an interview with the recruitment commission. We retain the right to invite selected candidates to the interview.
The recruitment results will be published on the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences website.