Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology seeks to recruit a postdoctoral researcher to join a newly established research group in the field of behavioral neuroscience. The group will be headed by Dr Rafał Czajkowski. The goal of the project is to investigate anatomical and functional relationships between retrosplenial cortex and the hippocampal formation in spatial memory. Successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing and executing experiments.
- Developing and refining scientific toolbox.
- Analyzing data and writing manuscripts.
- PhD in the field of biology, physics or other relevant subject.
- Strong research experience in at least one of the following fields: electrophysiology (in vivo or in vitro), optogenetics, animal behavior (proven by published work in indexed journals).
- Effective English communication skills.
Additional desired skills:
- Matlab proficiency.
- Experience with two-photon in vivo microscopy.
The position will be funded within the “Sonata-Bis” project from National Science Centre (Poland). Maximum duration: 5 years. Monthly gross salary: PLN 5000.
Please send application letter together with CV, a copy of PhD diploma and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email title: “Postdoc-RSC”. Deadline for applications: 2015-09-25. Earliest start date: 2015-10-01.