The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate/candidates for the position of: POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH POSITION
Project: Development of new strategies for the early diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Laboratory of Preclinical Testing of Higher Standard (LaPrec), Neurobiology Center
Researcher career profiles: R2
Field of science: Biology
- PhD degree in biochemistry, cell biology, biomedicine or related disciplines
- Strong interest in the molecular mechanisms of Alzheimer’s disease pathology and search for blood-based biomarkers
- Exceptional motivation for scientific research and clinical translation (demonstrated by publications and references by the candidate's advisor and another senior scientist)
- Strong publication record
- Proven proficiency in such techniques as blood fractionation, flow cytometry, cell cultures in vitro; proficiency in confocal microscopy, immunoblotting, and transcriptomic analysis preferred
- Fluency in English; knowledge of French is a plus, but is not required
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
Scope of tasks:
We search for an outstanding postdoctoral candidate to conduct innovative studies in the frame of the research project ArrestAD funded by the Horizon 2020 European Union FET-OPEN: Novel Ideas for Radically New Technologies program, an extremely competitive initiative that supported 4% of the 544 proposals it received. The proposed research is based on a recent discovery that demonstrates the central role of heparan sulfate species in neurons and in blood as a catalyst of biochemical processes that cause Alzheimer's disease. ArrestAD will test new strategies based on this concept for the treatment and early diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease (https://arrestad.wordpress.com).
The main task of the postdoctoral project will be verifying the hypothesis that alterations of heparan sulfate in blood in Alzheimer’s disease can be developed as a novel and early diagnostic method and examining the relationships between transcriptomics of AD pathology and changes in heparan sulfate biology.
- duration of contract till 31.12.2020
- commencement of employment: 1.11.2018
- information regarding professional development opportunities
The postdoctoral fellow will have the opportunity to work in an outstanding research environment of the Nencki Institute, in one of the most modern laboratories of the Nencki Neurobiology Center. She/he will collaborate in the frame of the ArrestAD consortium with internationally recognized experts in AD clinics and research, and will participate in international scientific training programs and conferences.
Application procedure and deadline: 14.10.2018
- Letter of intent (the letter should explain how your skills and interests overlap with the project goals, what you hope to gain from working with us and what you think you might uniquely bring to our team).
- 2 letters of reference.
- Copy of PhD diploma.
- Contact information, including e-mail address and phone number.
- The candidates may include additional information or copies of documents/certificates in support of the application.
For information and application please contact the Laboratory Head, Prof. Urszula Wojda email@example.com
Link to website: www.nencki.gov.pl
Personal information protection clauses to be included in application documents:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3.
Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for the post-doc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organisation and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31 December 2018.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third countries.
You have the right to request access to your personal from the data controller, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection or to the Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data).