The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate / candidates for the position of: post-doc in Laboratory of Molecular Basis of Cell Motility
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Laboratory of Molecular Basis of Cell Motility
Researcher career profiles: R2
Field of science: biology/biochemistry
Type of recruitment: NCN Opus
- education - PhD degree in biological sciences (or related fields) obtained within 7 years prior to the application)
- professional experience - experience in studies with the use of biological material (primary tissue culture, animal tissue) and expertise in molecular and cell biology techniques (e.g. DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, Real-Time PCR, Cloning, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, etc.). The applicant should have a least one first-author article.
- skills - ability to work with animals, good command of English; the applicant is expected to be able to organize herself/himself, to plan experiments and work independently but also as a part of a team
- competences - experience in studies on protein-protein interactions would be an advantage.
Scope of tasks:
The applicant will be involved in a project that aims at understanding the functional significance of the novel interaction of unconventional myosin MVI with elements of PKA signaling pathway (in particular with the PKA-AKAP9 complex) for skeletal muscle contraction and myoblast differentiation.
- type of contract - employment agreement
- duration of contract - 3 years
- commencement of employment: September 2018
- information regarding professional development opportunities: work within one of the best biological institutions in Poland, located at Kampus Ochota, the biggest concentration of academic institutions dedicated to biomedical science in Poland. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to present his/her data at international scientific conferences.
- perks and benefits: the position is paid according to the National Cancer Centre salary scheme, with a net monthly net salary ~3,800 PLN. There are no teaching obligations. Possible benefits include a reduced-rate medical care package, and membership in the MultiSport programme.
- List of publications
- Cover letter
- Copy of PhD diploma
- Recommendation letters from at least two experienced scientists (at R3/R4 level)
Keywords (for postings published by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education):
skeletal muscle, myoblast, myosin VI, PKA kinase, AKAP9, CREB, phosphorylation
Application procedure and deadline / application manner
The closing date for applicants is August 14th, 2018.
Applications should be submitted as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Putting '[post-doc]' into the subject line of the email will ensure that it will be received in the correct email folder.
Link to website: http://en.nencki.gov.pl/laboratory-of-molecular-basis-of-cell-motility
Personal information protection clauses to be included in application documents:
I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for post-doc position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3.
Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for the post-doc position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process. I hereby state that I was informed about the right to withdraw my consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organisation and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31 December 2018.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third countries.
You have the right to request access to your personal from the data controller, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection or to the Inspector General for the Protection of Personal Data).