Extracellular protease MMP-9 in the healthy and diseased brain
Leszek Kaczmarek, Laboratory of Neurobiology, the Nencki Institute, Warsaw, Poland
We are searching for an outstanding postdoctoral candidate for the research project supported by the EU FP7 Project EXTRABRAIN (EXTRABRAIN ITN, GA No 606950, 2013-2017).
The studies aim at deciphering the role of extracellular matrix protease, MMP-9 in synaptic functions and dysfunctions that underlie brain physiology and pathology
The researcher may be of any nationality.
At the time of recruitment by the beneficiary, the researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc…) in Poland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment under the project. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
Requirements for postdoctoral candidates are:
- Strong interest in the brain research, especially in understanding the brain-mind connection,
- PhD degree, or equivalent, in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, physics/biophysics, biology, psychology, medical or veterinary sciences.
- Strong publication record,
- Proven proficiency in one or more of the following techniques: mouse/rat behavior, electrophysiology, optogenetics, neuroanatomy, advanced light microscopy (2-photon, light sheet, etc.), stereotactic surgery,
- Exceptional motivation for the scientific research (demonstrated via publications, references of the candidate's thesis tutor),
- Proficiency in English.
The application should contain the following documents/information:
- 2 letters of reference
- Copy of PhD diploma (or equivalent)
- Contact information, including e-mail address and phone number
- The candidates may include additional information or copies of documents/certificates in support of the application.
Applications in English (pdf format) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: October 13, 2016
Short-listed candidates with the highest score will be selected for personal interviews. Interviews will take place at the Nencki Institute on October 22, 2016.
Start date: 1 November 2016