- Head of laboratory
- Scientific Staff
- PhD Students
- Research proﬁle
- Current research activities
- Selected publications
- calcium homeostasis with an emphasis on calcium- and lipid-binding proteins, including mammalian and plant annexins
- early stages of biomineralization with a focus on biogenesis and the function of matrix vesicles
- membrane dynamics and membrane repair process
- vesicular transport with a focus on intracellular transport of cholesterol in norm and pathology
- lipid metabolism in health and disease with a focus on signal transduction and transport of ions, metabolites and xenobiotics through biological membranes
- ion channels formed by calcium- and membrane-binding proteins with a focus on nucleotides as intracellular messengers and their target proteins
- annexin-related human diseases, annexinopathies
- structure-function relationship within the mammalian family of membrane- and calcium-binding proteins, annexins, with special emphasis on the physiological and pathological mineralization
- ion channel properties of annexins
- participation of annexins in transport of cholesterol and secretion of catecholamines
- factors aﬀecting annexins, alkaline phosphatase, and S100 protein functioning during matrix vesicles-mediated biological mineralization
Strzelecka-Kiliszek A., Mebarek S., Roszkowska M., Buchet R., Magne D., Pikuła S. (2017) Functions of Rho family of small GTPases and Rho-associated coiled-coil kinases in bone cells during diﬀerentiation and mineralization. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1861: 1009-1023.
Francois-Moutal L., Ouberai M.M., Maniti O., Welland M.E., Strzelecka-Kiliszek A., Woś M., Pikuła S., Bandorowicz-Pikuła J., Marcillat O., Granjon T. (2016) Two-step membrane binding of NDPK-B induces membrane ﬂuidity decrease and changes in lipid lateral organization and protein cluster formation. Langmuir, 32: 12923-12933.
Woś M., Szczepanowska J., Pikuła S., Tylki-Szymanska A., Zabłocki K., Bandorowicz-Pikuła J. (2016) Mitochondrial dysfunction in ﬁbroblasts derived from patients with Niemann-Pick type C disease. Arch Biochem Biophys, 593: 50-59.
Ren Z., Do L.D., Bechkoﬀ G., Mebarek S., Keloglu N., Ahamada S., Meena S., Magne D., Pikula S., Wu Y., Buchet R. (2015) Direct determination of phosphatase activity from physiological substrates in cells. PLoS One, 10(3): e0120087.
Ćmoch A., Podszywalow-Bartnicka P., Palczewska M., Piwocka K., Groves P., Pikula S. (2014) Stimulators of mineralization limit the invasive phenotype of human osteosarcoma cells by a mechanism involving impaired invadopodia formation. PLoS One, 9(10): e109938.