- unconventional myosins and actin-binding proteins in cell migration and intracellular traﬃcking: studies on normal and transformed mammalian cells
- muscle plasticity and muscle pathology
- eﬀects of arginine deprivation on cell migration and invasiveness
- calcium signaling
- multiple signaling pathways of selected nucleotide receptors
- role of prion protein in Alzheimer disease and other tauopathies
- the mechanism of cytotoxicity of the cytosolic form of prion protein.
- involvement of unconventional myosins (in particular of class VI) in cell migration and intracellular traﬃcking of organelles and nuclear functions
- analysis of interaction of myosin VI with its tissue-speciﬁc partners
- understanding mechanisms of limb girdle muscle dystrophy (LGMD): analysis of LGMD patients’ muscle biopsies
- probing arginine analogs as a component of a potential arginine deprivation-based anti-cancer therapeutical strategy
- non-calcium signaling from P2X7 nucleotide receptor
- crosstalk between calcium and small Rho GTPases signaling in glioma cells
- prion protein in therapy of Alzheimer disease
- the role of prion protein in amyloidogenesis and neurotoxicity of Tau protein
- the consequences of the interaction of cytosolic form of prion protein with microtubular cytoskeleton.
Sobczak M., Chumak V., Pomorski P., Wojtera E., Majewski L., Nowak J., Yamauchi J., Rędowicz M.J. (2016) Interaction of myosin VI and its binding partner DOCK7 plays an important role in NGF-stimulated protrusion formation in PC12 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta-Mol Cell Res, 1863: 1589-1600.
Karolczak J., Pavlyk I., Majewski Ł., Sobczak M., Niewiadomski P., Rzhepetskyy., Sikorska A., Nowak N., Pomorski P., Prószyński T., Ehler E., Rędowicz M.J. (2015) Involvement of unconventional myosin VI in myoblast function and myotube formation. Histochem Cell Biol, 144: 21-38.
Pavlyk I., Rzhepetskyy Y., Jagielski A.K., Drozak J., Wasik A., Pereverzieva G., Olchowik M., Kunz-Schughart L.A., Stasyk O., Rędowicz M.J. (2015) Arginine deprivation aﬀects glioblastoma cell adhesion, invasiveness and actin cytoskeleton organization by impairment of β-actin arginylation. Amino Acids, 47: 199-212.
Zajkowski T., Nieznańska H., Nieznański K. (2015) Stabilization of microtubular cytoskeleton protects neurons from toxicity of N-terminal fragment of cytosolic prion protein. Biochim Biophys Acta-Mol Cell Res, 1853: 2228-2239.
Nieznański K., Surewicz K., Chen S,. Nieznańska H., Surewicz W.K. (2014) Interaction between prion protein and Aβ amyloid ﬁbrils revisited. ACS Chem Neurosci, 5: 340-345.