In connection with the implementation of the requirements of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, 27th April 2016, on the protection of persons regarding the processing of personal data, and the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC
General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”), The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS informs that it exercises special diligence in the field of personal data protection, and respect for the rights of data subjects.
Please be advised that:
The administrator of your personal data is:
The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS, with its registered seat in Warsaw at 3 Pasteur Street
hereinafter referred to as the Administrator.
The administrator conducts the processing of your personal data.
- The personal data inspector at the Administrator’s is Bogdan Kielak, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of:
- conducting research in the field of experimental biology;
- conducting development work in the field of the Institute’s activities, and implementation of the results of these studies into the public domain
- supporting people starting their research careers;
- educating researchers and specialists with special qualifications in the field of biological sciences, including the following specializations: biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology, cell biology, neurophysiology, neurobiology, neuropsychology, ethology, behavioral sciences, bioinformatics, and neuroinformatics:
- conducting doctoral studies, student internships, and research internships;
- cooperation with universities, research institutes and scientific societies, in particular in the field of research and development works;
- cooperation with the socio-economic environment in the field of research and development work in order to implement them;
- developing international scientific cooperation, by creating scientific consortia and conducting research projects together with foreign partners;
- disseminating and popularizing knowledge in the field of Institute activities;
- performing legal obligations related to hiring employees;
- performance and conclusion of contracts;
- performing other tasks resulting from applicable regulations and commissioned by the authorities of the Polish Academy of Sciences;
and will not be made available to other recipients, except for entities authorized under applicable law, public authorities and entities performing public tasks or acting on behalf of public authorities, to the extent and for purposes that result from legal provisions (e.g. courts, Social Insurance Institution, Tax Office) and processing personal data on the basis of entrustment agreements (e.g. medical facilities providing preventive health care services).
- The basis for the processing of your personal data is:
- Act of 30th April 2010 on the Polish Academy of Sciences (Journal of Laws No. 96, item 619);
- The Statute of the Polish Academy of Sciences attached to the Resolution No. 8/2010 of the General Assembly of the Polish Academy of Sciences of 24th November, 2010;
- The statute of the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS on 6th May, 2011.
- The processing of personal data complies with the principle of legality, and is carried out on the basis of Article 6 of GDPR.
- Providing personal data results from legal regulations in order to conclude a contract, and in the remaining scope on the basis of consent to the processing of personal data.
- Data subjects have the right to:
- request from the Administrator to access their personal data, rectify, delete, or limit the processing of personal data,
- object to such processing,
- data portability,
- lodging a complaint to the supervisory body,
- withdraw consent to the processing of personal data.
- Personal data will be stored for periods resulting from legal provisions for individual purposes of processing (e.g. employee data for a period specified in separate provisions), until the contract is completed, or claims are pursued on the account of business activity (e.g. lease agreement) or consent is withdrawn (e.g. recruitment).